Inner Voice Chicago

Corporate FAQ

Corporate FAQ2021-11-16T16:14:47-06:00


Here Is The Most Frequently Asked Questions.

Quisque blandit dolor risus, sed dapibus dui facilisis sed. Donec eu porta elit. Aliquam porta sollicitudin ante, ac fermentum orci mattis et. Phasellus ac nibh eleifend, sagittis purus nec, elementum massa.

I need a wide range of assistance2024-05-31T10:10:02-05:00

Visit your nearest DFSS Community Service Center, weekdays from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Drop in or schedule an appointment to identify your needs for a range of resources, including shelter, food, clothing, domestic violence assistance, job training/placement, and services for the formerly incarcerated. You can also get information about rental, utility, and other financial assistance programs. The facilities serve as Warming and Cooling Centers during periods of extreme weather.

I need help with filing my taxes2024-05-31T10:09:40-05:00

Free tax help is available to low-income Chicago residents. Call 311 or visit for information. Qualified Chicago families and individuals can receive free tax return preparation and e-filing at tax sites located across the city.

I need food2024-05-31T10:09:19-05:00

Click here for an interactive map of food pantries, soup kitchens, mobile food distribution or shelter in Cook County from the Greater Chicago Food Depository. If you live outside of Cook County, click here. For assistance with SNAP (food stamps) or Medicaid benefits, call the Greater Chicago Food Depository at 773-843-5416.

I am homeless, or at risk, and I need legal advice2024-05-31T10:08:56-05:00

Call Chicago Coalition for the Homeless Law Project hotline, weekdays, at 1-800-940-1119.

I have a place to live now, but I am in danger of becoming homeless2024-05-31T10:05:35-05:00

Call Chicago City Services at 311 or 312-744-5000. Tell the operator “I need short term help.” You will be transferred to a Homelessness Prevention Call Center. Callers with hearing problems can access TTY equipment at 312-948-6817.

I am homeless, and I need a place to live2024-05-31T10:03:22-05:00

Call Chicago City Services at 311 or 312-744-5000. Tell the operator that you are homeless and in need of shelter. If you live in suburban Cook County, call 1-877-426-6515.

Go to Top